Wednesday 27 August 2014

My Holga 135BC

Hello I'm back from my weekend in Leeds all nice and flued up. I han amazing time though, I went to Leeds festival on Friday and it was awesome! I'll do a post on it soon once I've got my fish eye film developed.

Today I thought I'd talk about another one of my cameras. My Holga 135BC was purchased from Ebay a few years ago for about £40 I think. It's a totally plastic camera including a plastic lens, it's a really fun little Lomo camera. This particular model takes 35mm film.
 


The camera includes;

  • Two shutter settings- Normal and Bulb, the Bulb setting allows for long exposures.
  • Two aperture settings- cloudy and sunny.
  • Four focus settings ranging between 3 feet and 30. (The trick is actually remembering to change it! oopsy)
  • A hot shoe flash- I had to buy the flash separately and it can be attached and removed at any time. My flash came with some funky colour filters.



Pros-
  • It a good looking camera and comes in a variety of colours. It's also super light, barely weighs a thing.
  • Can be used in most environments due to the variety of settings (however flash may be required), one thing I've not really tried with this camera is night time photography. I really should give it a go!


  • You can create multiple exposures.
  • The plastic lense creates a black corner effect and gives the images a dreamy quality.
 


  • Very easy to use
  • Takes 35mm film which is readily available
  • Unpredictable- Like any Lomo camera you never no what magic might come out
 


 Cons
  • Unpredictable- Although I've also listed this as a positive it does limit my use of this camera, for instance I wouldn't use it on a special occasion as my main camera.
  • Field of view- No matter how hard I try to compose my shots with this camera the final image is always a little off
 



Overall I think you can see that the pros outweigh the cons. It's a really good Lomo camera that has so many possibilities I actually feel abit bad I don't use it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment